The attorneys at Adams, Stepner, Woltermann, & Dusing, PLLC actively represent local and regional businesses on the intricacies of employment law in the private sector. We provide our clients with sound legal counsel to prevent employment issues in the workplace before they arise. Whenever possible we identify practical and efficient solutions to employment issues that confront our private business clients. However, in today’s litigious society, sometimes it is necessary to defend our client’s actions in Court, which we are always prepared to do.
Our firm advises and assists clients in all kinds of employment matters. We keep our clients abreast of changes in the law and developing trends that affect private companies and businesses, so that they can be confident that their policies and day-to-day decisions are consistent with the law. Areas in which we frequently provide advice ot our private business clients include:
- Reviewing and drafting client employee handbooks, manuals, and policy statements.
- Assisting with federal and state wage and hour law issues and claims.
- Counseling and defending client claims arising from the ADA, FMLA, OSHA, workers’ compensation statutes, and other federal and state statutes addressing workplace matters.
- Representing employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state human rights agencies.
- Providing representation for grievance and arbitration hearings under collective bargaining agreements.
- Collective bargaining on behalf of clients including strategic planning and acting as spokesperson.
- Counseling on issues related to strikes or lockouts, and providing related litigation support.
Working in conjunction with the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group, our attorneys will vigorously defend clients subject to governmental inquiry or private lawsuit arising from actions taken by our clients with respect to their employees. Our firm has defended our clients in federal and state courts and in federal and state administrative enforcement proceedings against all kinds of labor and employment claims. We have the experience to effectively and efficiently litigate any employment dispute. We seek to resolve lawsuits through mediation and other alternative dispute resolution, or press the issues to trial if necessary.